Thursday 26 April 2012

Mac Splurge

Hello you gorgeous ladies as promised here is my Mac haul. Well I actually purchased these at Debenhams, as they are having a 10% sale on all their beauty club award winners at the moment, which included my Mac lipsticks and blush :) there are however lots of other amazing brands included in this offer, including YSL and Bobbi Brown so its definatley worth checking out, I also picked up some non Mac items which I will show you all in another post. I thought I would start my haul with my favourite Mac product the lipsticks.
The first lipstick I picked up is Shygirl. I would describe this shade as a peachy pale nude with a slight pink undertone. Shygirl is a cremesheen formulation so glides on the lips easily and even gives a slight glossy effect, I would also say it has a decent amount of pigmentation but two coats gets the perfect colour pay off. I definitely think shade will really compliment any one with a tan I'm a NC30/40 and I love this colour on my lips.
The second lipstick I purchased is Sandy b. I would describe this shade as a peachy/pink colour with a golden shimmer. It reminds me of my favourite blush of all time Nars Orgasm, but in a lipstick form. Sandy b is a frost finish, and really compliments tanned skin, its a lovely alternative with its frosty sheen to a conventional peachy shade and perfect for summer.
I have saved the best till last, as you can see I'm very much into my peachy coral shades for summer, and the brighter the better so my favourite of the three was the shade Costa Chic. I would describe this shade as a bright coral, there is a slight pink undertone but its definitely alot more coral than pink. Costa chic is a frost finish but to be honest it does not seem like a frost at all I find it alot more pigmented and there is no frosty shimmer at all compared to what you get with sandy b. I know alot say this is drying and I have dry lips naturally but this does not dry my lips out at all, I think this would suit any skintone but with a tan its delicious, I think this will be my go to shade for summer.
Now onto the eyeshadows :)

Eye shadow in Mystery. Now I picked this shade up purely as a eyebrow filler as my much loved Smashbox quad is on it's last legs and as I like my eyebrows darker than my hair colour and quite defined, the MUA recommended this shade. I would describe mystery as a dark brown that has a mauve base, with absolutely zero warmth. It is a very cool toned shade which compliments eyebrows perfectly,as I had previously tried espresso as a brow filler and the reddish undertones shone through and looked very unnatural. Its a satin finish and is very buildable and blendable and boosts no shimmer at all. I think this could be great as a crease colour but for me it's purely for a brow filler and I would definitely recommend. 
Pan eyeshadow in Patina. Patina is a cool-toned light brown with a multidimensional shimmer, it reflects an array of shades under different lighting, main being gold. Patina is a frost finish and is very blendable and buildable, I think it looks amazing as a lid colour with satin taupe in the crease but this can even be worn on its own as its such a beautiful shade and very versatile, in my opinion a staple shade.
Pan eyeshadow in Contrast. Contrast is a blackened metallic blue with a slight shimmer, it is a velvet finish. As I stated in my last Mac haul,I have filled my 15 neutral pro pallet and am working on a smokey pallete and this is the perfect smokey eyeshadow, it reminds me of a night sky. The pigmentation I would say is medium to buildable, and as its a velvet finish it blends well. This is the perfect crease colour for a more dramatic smokey eye or you can even use all over the lid, this is the perfect alternative to black or grey and will compliment any skintone.
Powder Blush in Well Dressed. As I am not a fan of majorly pigmented blush and overdone cheeks, so this is the perfect colour for me. Well Dressed is a soft pale pink with shimmer and is buildable if you want more colour, but I love the subtle glow it gives and it really brightens up your complexion.The Satin texture is very silky and blendable. I do feel this would look better on fair skinned girls as the colour will show up more but if you are like me and just like a subtle sheen then this would be perfect.
Mac Eye Kohl in Smoulder. Now this is about my 7th purchase of this eyeliner and it is definitely my holy grail eyeliner. Smoulder is a very intense black colour, that is so creamy smooth it just glides on and gives the perfect colour payoff with just one stroke, its very blendable if you want to smoke it out and  stays put all night. A beauty must have for everyone.


If you have any more questions about any of these products feel free to message me, enjoy ladies xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. not a problem hunni, any questions about any Mac products just ask :) xxx

      Delete
  2. mac and chanel - my fave color brands... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a Mac and Nars girl myself, I only have one chanel item, a pink blush. I really need to discover more chanel products they look amazing what would you recommend? x

      Delete