Wednesday 11 April 2012

Mac Attack

Hello there my lovelies, hope you all had a lovely long weekend, I know I did, I have some outfit of the day posts to show you later too :) Well the postman has been this morning with a few little items I have ordered from Mac, I actually ordered these from Debenhams, as over the Easter weekend they had a 10% off sale which made me a very happy girl.
I saw this little mirror and thought this would be perfect item to pop in my handbag for touch ups, its actually a hardened metal not glass so wont break and has a cute little pouch to keep it in, and for around £4 which I paid I love it.
Lipstick in the ever famous Hue. Hue is a pinky nude shade, in a glaze formulation, so it takes a few coats to get alot of pigmentation, but this is the perfect everyday shade and I think this would suit any skin tone.
My second purchase was another lipstick in the shade Blankety. I would describe this shade as a beige, with a slight pink undertone. Blankety is an amplified creme formulation so is very pigmented but still has a lovely creamy sheen and although blankety is still in the nude family it is alot darker than the conventional nude shade so if you are not a fan of pale nudes which can wash some people out, this would be your perfect go to shade.
The final but probably my favourite purchase was this beautiful lipstick in the shade Girl About Town. This is a vibrant shade of darkened, bright fuchsia pink, and an amplified creme finish, giving lots of pigmentation but also a nice creamy sheen.   This is the perfect night time shade and for the braver among us a gorgeous summer shade, I will definitely be testing this one out during the day with a nice summer dress .
















    Eyeshadow in Nylon, Nylon is a very pale gold with fine
  icy shimmer. It is a frost finish and is very blendable and buildable, and perfect for use on the inner corner or as a highlighter shade. This would suit most skin tones but I definitely think this looks better on those with a darker skin tone.





   Eyeshadow in woodwinked. Woodwinked is a veluxe pearl, it looks alot more bronze in the pan but upon application its a warm toned gold, without any of the usual yellow undertones you get with gold shadows. Looks lovely either all over the lid or in the outer corner blended into the crease. 
Pan eyeshadow in mulch. Mulch is a velvet finish and is a gorgeous brown bronze, it is known to have a slight red undertone however this does not show on my complexion. As this is a velvet so not overly shimmery makes a great crease colour for a smoky eye.
left to right nylon, woodwinked, mulch

I have now converted to my eyeshadows in pan form, I have a 15 shadow pallet which I love instead of having single shadows everywhere and also a quad which I find sooo handy to pop in my four favourite eyeshadows to suit any look. I have now filled my neutral pallet so am going to work on a bright/smoky pallet do any of you gorgeous ladies have any must have colours in mind? xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I loveeee woodwinked :) and girl about town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too I think girl about town may be my new favourite, I like it even better than impassioned it's gorgeous x

      Delete
  2. I have Hue&Mulch.I love them:)If you scroll through my blog you'll see I've two mac pro fill palettes, they're great colours and gorgeous on!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've got a 15 neutral palette which i've now filled so I'm going to get another with all smokey and bright colours but have no idea where to start lol as I usually go for neutral colours. I love the Mac eyeshadows too pigmentation is amazing xx

      Delete
  3. hi hun i'm following.. wish i'd of known about the 10% off at debenhams :( i really want nylon and woodwinked and i have for ages.. i should just go get them lol i need some new studion fix so i'll have good spend up i think xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they go really well together, I really like mulch also, all three of those colours go really well together. Debenhams has sales all the time just keep checking the website. Aww just go treat yourself babe, i always go for one thing and come out with loads, and thankyou i'm following you too:) xx

      Delete
  4. Nice haul. I LOVE Girl About Town! Cute blog- I am following you now :)

    http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou hun its my new favourite Mac lips tick now, i'm going to go for show orchid next time as its also a vibrant fuchsia. Following you back :)

      Delete